Skip to main content

CHINA LEADS THE WORLD IN EMBRACING THE FUTURE

CHINA LEADS THE WORLD IN EMBRACING THE FUTURE


2017-09-12 10:49:47



I live in Athens, Greece, near to the city center. Right next to my home there are railway lines, from which quite frequently, trains pass. Not long ago, while waiting at a pedestrian crossing for a train to pass, I saw that it was fully loaded with containers - too many of them to count. On these containers was written, "China Shipping”. They had just arrived at the port of Piraeus and were on their way to other parts of Europe. My mind traveled far, beyond the enormous distance that these goods had traveled, to a land far away. A land that I had already visited two times, while I was looking forward to a third. But what was it that my eyes had seen, when that train passed in front of me - just logistics? Or was it something much larger than that?

I had not stayed for a very long time in China and my only experiences were within Beijing. Even so, when I left there, I carried something more than just images of amazing buildings and monuments of a great civilization. My mind was filled with experiences of an innovation, which, from that moment, I wished very much to also make this trip towards my country, along with the products of these containers.

I saw people in Beijing embracing today's technology, making payments with something as simple as using an application and touching their mobile phone's screen a couple of times. Coming from a country where only recently part of the population has moved into a way of payments through credit and debit cards only, leaving cash payments behind, this was an impressive step forward for me. I said to myself, yes, why not? China, right in front of me, shows us the way.

It was a comparison in my mind from a distant time in the past when China, once again, introduced money in the form of paper bills. Weren't some people also skeptical back then, when the only form of money that they were using were metal coins? My visits to China made me think that my country's everyday commercial and customer practices are so many years behind, from what is taking place over there right now, that a way to cure the financial illnesses of the past that are still tormenting our economy was explained right before my eyes. It gave me thoughts that the rest of the Western world should also take China's example towards a new era. Cash is a way of payment belonging to the distant past now and my thoughts are also triggered that the plastic cards too also seem to be so outdated.

E-commerce, the purchase of a ticket, services or even the simplest of things, as buying something to eat on the go, have been made incredibly simple, all through some simple mobile phone applications and some barcode scanners. I admired the Chinese people for embracing new technologies and making their life more convenient, while at the same time they are helping their country in the fight against tax evasion.

We must not be afraid to look ahead to what the future holds. I have great love for China and the Chinese people and it makes me very happy when I see good things being put into practice from this place of the world. The way of moneyless payments could be seen everywhere, during my stay there, and by following the news coming from China I see that more and more new ideas are being implemented. I wonder what new things I might encounter in everyday life, when I arrive, soon hopefully, to China again.

The world, through China's leadership, and the Belt and Road Initiative, is not only about the transportation, and through the new Silk Roads, of products made by good, hard working, Chinese people. It is also about a new way of thinking, for the companies, for the consumers, for the cooperation of nations and for the world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Check out the Nokia 2, a budget phone with a monster battery

Android Authority Check out the Nokia 2, a budget phone with a monster battery 19 hours ago HMD Global  is slowly building up its portfolio of stock-Android-running smartphones. In addition to the trio of mid-rangers (Nokia 3, 5, and 6)  it launched at MWC , the company bolstered its high-end with the  Nokia 8 , and now the other side of spectrum is getting some attention. Just  leaked by Evan Blass , the Nokia 2 looks… well, like a generic cheap phone. If you have a visceral hate of bezels, you’ll probably want to close this post and move on, but design is hardly the point here. Blass didn’t share any details about the Nokia 2, but we can make some educated guesses based on some other clues we’ve got about the phone. First, you might have noticed that the phones in the leaked renders show October 5 as the date. Dates in renders are often set to match the launch time, but this could be an old render and there’s still time for things to change. Read more Hands-on with the Noki

The 'two-faced' snake found in the US

  The 'two-faced' snake found in the US NewsTrackLive 13 Sep. 16:03 Different types of snakes are found in the world, many people are afraid of seeing them. But there are some people who like to see snakes. When you will hear the news of a snake, you might think that it will be a simple snake, which will have a mouth or maybe you think that it is very poisonous. But in America, a snake was found near Forest City in Arkansas, which is very rare in appearance and has two heads.  It is being told that the image of this snake has been shared on Facebook 15,000 times. The picture of this rare snake was captured by Quinton Brown and Rodney Calso. Mark Young, who shares the snake's picture, named it Deus. Mark Young told NDTV that later Deuce was donated to the Arkansas zoo in Jonesboro and Ridge Nature Center of Fish Crowley. According to 5 news online, this rare snake's length is about 11 inches. Mark Young also posted the second picture of

Microsoft Co-Founder Bill Gates Says He's Using an Android Phone

Microsoft Co-Founder Bill Gates Says He's Using an Android Phone 27 September 2017 HIGHLIGHTS Microsoft discontinued Windows Phone 8.1 earlier this year Bill Gates might be using Microsoft Edition of Galaxy S8 The exact Android handset was not revealed in the interview Microsoft's  attempts at capturing the smartphone market have all failed spectacularly, and it appears the company's co-founder has no faith in the current Windows 10 Mobile ecosystem. Under Satya Nadella's leadership, Microsoft has brought its much-used productivity software to both  Google's Android and  Apple's  iOS platforms, and it seems former  Microsoft  CEO Bill Gates seems satisfied with this route. In an interview, Gates shared he is now using an Android smartphone with lots of Microsoft software on board, choosing it over an iPhone. In an  interview  with Fox News, Bill Gates said, "It's great that Apple is continuing to good work [after Steve Jobs passed